Ice cream! And not just regular ice cream, rawtastic vegan ice cream! The following recipe and photos are all courtesy of Nouveau Raw. I left out the fudge because I simply did not have enough time to make it. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the ice cream base:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 2+ hours
- 4 cup frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp raw cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Honey Ginger and Peach Chocolate Fudge (rolled into tiny balls)
- Be sure to soak your cashews. This will soften them which in return will help them blend nice and creamy. After soaking, drain and rinse well.
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend for 3-5 minutes. Process till nice and creamy.
- If you have an ice cream maker, after the mixture is blended, chill for about 1 hour in the freezer and then pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour into a Tupperware container and place in the freezer. Be sure to stir it a few times an hour until frozen.
- You can also pour it into ice-cube trays and freeze. For serving just pop the ice cubes out and using your blender, blend until it is a soft serve ice cream.
- It is best to take the ice cream out of the freezer for about 10 minutes ahead of time so it can have a chance to soften. Did you know that softer ice cream has more flavor than hard, frozen ice cream? Test it for yourself.
These are made from Honey Ginger and Peach Chocolate Fudge Bars. I rolled the dough into little balls and froze them while the ice cream was in the machine doing its magic.
After the ice cream was done in the machine, I moved it to a bowl and stirred in the Honey Ginger and Peach Chocolate Fudge balls.
I then transferred it to a glass dish to prepare it to go into the freezer.