I love these all natural, homemade solutions to cleaning your fruits and vegetables of pesticides and dirt. Thank you Nutrition Solution Lifestyle!
One of my all time favorite summer desserts are chocolate covered frozen bananas. I used the following recipe from Martha Stewart to make a delicious treat for me and my brothers.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of gently simmering water. Stir just until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Insert a popsicle stick in one end of each banana piece. Dip banana, one piece at a time, in chocolate, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle each banana with peanuts, and set on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes, or up to 3 days.
As I like my frozen, I froze my bananas before dunking them in the chocolate and placed them back in the freezer to set. I also used chopped roasted hazelnuts instead of peanuts. Delicious! What are your favorite summer treats?